“As you realize, the U.S. Supreme Courtroom overturned Roe v. Wade, and abortion is now unlawful in lots of states,” the WGA West’s board stated in a communique to members on Monday, noting that the Writers Guild-Trade Well being Fund “already covers being pregnant termination for author members and their eligible spousal dependents in all circumstances.” The Fund additionally already lined being pregnant termination for eligible dependent youngsters “when the being pregnant termination constitutes an emergency service.”
Extra from Deadline
- 1 Associated Story
- 2 Hollywood Responds To Supreme Courtroom Abortion Choice: Jimmy Kimmel, Taylor Swift, Yvette Nicole Brown & Many Extra Talking Out
- 3 Associated Story
- 4 Teen Makes use of Matt Gaetz’s Physique-Shaming Insults To Increase $1.1M For Abortion Entry
- 5 Associated Story
- 6 400 Feminine Writers & Showrunners Name On Main Studios To Take Motion To Defend Staff In Anti-Abortion States
Hollywood Responds To Supreme Courtroom Abortion Choice: Jimmy Kimmel, Taylor Swift, Yvette Nicole Brown & Many Extra Talking Out
Teen Makes use of Matt Gaetz’s Physique-Shaming Insults To Increase $1.1M For Abortion Entry
400 Feminine Writers & Showrunners Name On Main Studios To Take Motion To Defend Staff In Anti-Abortion States
The WGA East’s Council despatched the same letter this afternoon to its members.
Efficient August 1, the West’s board stated, “the Fund may also reimburse cheap journey bills incurred by members and eligible spousal dependents who reside or quickly work in lined employment in a state the place abortion is prohibited, and who have to journey to acquire these companies. The Fund may also reimburse cheap journey bills incurred when members, spousal dependents and eligible dependent youngsters want emergency abortion companies.”
The letter to members additionally defined the principles that apply to the brand new journey reimbursement profit, which embrace:
1. You will need to acquire preauthorization so as to obtain reimbursement of journey bills for non-Emergency being pregnant termination companies. If preauthorization isn’t obtained when it’s required, no Journey Reimbursement Profit will probably be payable. Preauthorization will not be required when the being pregnant termination constitutes Emergency companies (for instance, termination of an ectopic being pregnant).
2. You have to be unable to acquire being pregnant termination companies with out present process journey since you reside or are quickly working in lined employment in a state the place being pregnant termination is prohibited.
3. You might journey to a supplier within the state or main metropolitan space closest to the place the companies are authorized. If you’re away from house in a short lived work location, you too can select to journey house if being pregnant termination is authorized there.
4. Journey beneath this provision is restricted to journey inside the US.
“In all situations, journey bills have to be primarily for, and important to, accessing being pregnant termination companies carried out by a licensed medical supplier performing inside the scope of his or her license. Journey bills that aren’t primarily for and important to accessing being pregnant termination companies should not Eligible Bills and won’t be reimbursed. “
Coated transportation consists of:
• Bus, taxi, practice, or airplane fares (solely coach fare is an eligible expense).
• Transportation bills of a mother or father or authorized guardian who should accompany a participant beneath 18 or a lined dependent baby (restricted to emergency companies). In any other case, journey bills for a pal, member of the family, or different help individual should not eligible.
Coated lodging consists of:
• Lodging is not going to be reimbursed when you journey house to obtain being pregnant termination companies.
• The lodging expense quantity have to be cheap as decided by the Well being Plan, however in no occasion larger than $300 per night time.
“Please notice that beneath IRS guidelines in case your lodging is greater than $50 per individual per night time, you’ll be taxed on the quantity in extra of the IRS restrict.”
Coated automobile bills:
When you use your personal automobile, mileage is reimbursable on the present medical mileage price. The usual medical mileage price is at present $0.22. Parking charges and tolls are additionally eligible, however gasoline will not be.
You possibly can as a substitute obtain reimbursement for cheap rental automobile bills. In that case, gasoline, parking charges and tolls could be eligible however mileage wouldn’t.
Each day native journey will not be reimbursed
Receipts and documentation required:
Reimbursement for the price of lodging (lodge, motel) requires a replica of the paid bill.
Reimbursement of transportation requires a replica of itinerary and paid ticket receipt.
Reimbursement for mileage requires a printout documenting the shortest route exhibiting the mileage related to that route.
Reimbursement for rental vehicles and gasoline for rental vehicles requires paid receipts.
Reimbursement of parking requires paid parking receipts.
Reimbursement of tolls requires a toll receipt or printout of a toll move paid bill.
Bills that aren’t eligible embrace:
Meals (apart from meals offered by way of inpatient care).
Extending an otherwise-medical journey for trip or private enjoyment.
Bills for a caregiver or journey companion apart from a mother or father or authorized guardian accompanying a Participant or lined Dependent Baby (restricted to Emergency companies) beneath age 18.
Each letters had been signed “In solidarity” by the WGA West’s board and the WGA East’s Council.
Signing for the WGAW board had been:
Meredith Stiehm, President
Michele Mulroney, Vice President
Betsy Thomas, Secretary-Treasurer
Dante W. Harper
Deric A. Hughes
E. Nicholas Mariani
Patric M. Verrone
Better of Deadline